Running low on energy? Do you often experience forgetfulness? Having hard time remembering or recalling things? Irritability, lack of focus, and inability to learn new things are some concerns that bother you? If you can also relate with these things then you need to work on it to improve your brain functionality. However, these problems can be commonly seen in elderly as with the advent of age cognitive impairment increases. But due to the unhealthy life style, stress, and lack of sleep youngsters and millennials are no more untouched with these conditions.
Bad cognitive function does not only hamper the quality of life, but also negatively affects your working efficiency, and many things you are surrounded by. Thankfully there are certain healthy foods that are good for your brain and work greatly to improve brain functionality.
Here is the list of 7 Healthy Foods that are good for your brain:
Owing to its innumerable medicinal properties, cinnamon has been used for years. Comes in the category of spices, cinnamon plays a great role in strengthening brain function. According to some experts and top neurologists adding it in eatables and drinks such as tea, or juice reduces the chances of neurological and cognitive disorders. Some of the proven benefits of consuming cinnamon are:
- It has been linked with improved cognitive function.
- Consuming it delays the chances of getting brain impairment such as recurrent headaches, fatigue, brain fog, poor memory, etc.
- It has also been linked with weight management.
- It is loaded with potential nutrient manganese which is helpful for the brain’s good health.
- Its anti-oxidant property protects neurons from free radicals.
2) Dark Chocolate-
Who does not like eating chocolate? You would hardly know someone who doesn’t. But many of chocolate lovers don’t know the brain benefits it offer. Yes, dark chocolate has a lot to do with brain function. The antioxidant compound present in it manages the blood flow to the brain which is linked with improved cognitive function. Let’s know some more brain benefits linked with eating dark chocolate-
- Eating dark chocolate has been linked with sharp memory and improved focus.
- Dark chocolate helps release feel-good hormones hence works as a stress buster.
- Fight with free radicals
- Prevents early brain impairment
- Linked with reduced depression and stress.
- Linked with increased learning ability and improved logical thinking.
Voilà Coffee! The last resort to keep stress away. If you also initiate your day with a hot cup of coffee then let me tell you good news. A cup of coffee is not only helpful in waking you up from the deep sleep but also keep you alert and alarmed throughout the day. Based on the research drinking coffee reduces the chances of getting neurological disorders – migraine, dementia, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s to name some few.
4) Pumpkin Seeds-
The very rich source of essential nutrients such as zinc, magnesium, copper, and iron, pumpkin seeds are blessing for brain proper functioning. The anti-oxidant property presents in it fights with free radical and prevents from cognitive damage. Here is the list of pumpkin seeds benefits:
- Loaded with magnesium, it does wonder in keeping you calmer and stress-free.
- Also helpful in the production of happy hormone that helps keep mental health intact.
- Help in having sound sleep by keeping stress, and anxiety away.
- Helpful in managing healthy weight.
5) Vitamin C Rich Foods-
Foods that are rich in Vitamin C strengthen the brain function. Vitamin C is needed by the body and brain both. Large amount of vitamin C is consumed by the brain to run its function smoothly. Its anti-oxidant properties fight off with free radicals and prevents brain cell damage. It also prevents conditions like dementia, Alzheimer’s, etc. Foods that are loaded with vitamin C are:
- Bell Pepper
You must have eaten all night-soaked almonds in your growing years. The reason behind this was to have a sharp memory. When it comes to the best food to eat for the great memory and better brain function, almond tops the list. They are equipped with a high amount of vitamin E, omega-3, and magnesium—all are essential— to keep good brain health.
Seafoods are packed with omega-3 fatty acids considered as a building block of the brain. Consuming fish provides essential nutrients to the body and helps sharpen the brain. It also protects the brain from early neurological disorders.